After the entire BLS team had a chance to absorb the deliverables from the 5 December meeting, we had a small session on 16 December 2019, with two pedagogical project leads to discuss their reactions.
The most significant bit of feedback was that the team had already wedded in their minds to the existing design they had put together in edX Studio. I had been under the impression that this was just a concept and they would be willing to consider a fresh approach. It became clear in this session that I am given leeway to only design two modules and include these into what already exists: Prepare for course production: Process overview and Course Design.
They outlined what the original design intents of the “primer” course were:
- The learners can be: new MOOC instructors, teaching assistants or new BLS team members, however the MOOC instructor is the priority.
- The learner should have no idea at all of what a MOOC is previously
- The level of detail should be sort of like a “studiebesök” (study visit) taster
- The learner should need no more than two hours to complete it
- Content should be suitable to use as a reference later