Hello dear reader, I recorded this video as part of my original concept of an e-learning course for selecting a lifelong digital transcript. It is broken up into chapters for the functional requirements I set out in my selection matrix, which in my final course would come before that and would add a bit of context. I defined these in the Week 2 Assignment.
I’m sad to say that this video is a hot mess for these reasons:
- I recorded the demo portion in Screencast-o-matic free version so the watermark shows in the corner.
- I edited in Camtasia and added some transitions but…
- I forgot I didn’t want my own LinkedIn profile header showing so I had to blur a lot of it out.
If I had to do it again I definitely would have just created a fake account and demoed from that, using Camtasia to do the recording. Camtasia is worth the money for me if I will be creating a lot of videos. Some things I got skilled at in Camtasia whilst preparing this one:
- Blurring out sections
- Adding transitions
- Closed captioning
- Embedding my YouTube video within my blog post
- Getting my closed captions to play within my embedded video
Lesson Learned: The Speech-to-Text tool on Camtasia is very poor. Honestly it’s not worth using, even if you try to train Camtasia’s speech recognition tool. I should have taken the extra couple of minutes to split the video from the audio and uploaded the audio to Nvivo Transcribe, which I find is excellent for transcribing English. It would have been quicker in the end!
We were required to storyboard our demos. See my storyboard for the video, which I did in Microsoft Powerpoint.
We are required to evaluate our media using our checklists. Please see my evaluation here.